Upvest’s mission is to empower developers and companies to easily innovate on top of the blockchain.
We create powerful blockchain APIs and enable developers to connect to and build on major open-source protocols like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Stellar without any prior blockchain knowledge. We make it simple to start in minutes instead of months - easy, safe and affordable.
Check our API Docs
Founded by serial entrepreneurs Jesper Noehr (founder of Bitbucket, exit to Atlassian) and Martin Kassing (COO of ShopCo, exit to Klarna), Upvest has generated substantial early stage revenues and is backed by Europe’s largest VCs (e.g. Holtzbrinck Ventures).
We are a friendly bunch of 20 people, 70% engineers, just entering Series A and are planning to double our team during the next year with an exciting journey ahead of us!
- Be responsible for the design and development of our backend architecture
- Work on the API development with external providers and manage complex integrations
- Build microservices architecture
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Collaborate with front end developers, designers and CPO
- Choose the best technology for the job
- You have built API and event-driven systems
- You are familiar with at least one programming paradigm next to OOP
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- You have strong knowledge in at least one of these languages: Scala, Go, Python, JS, C
- You are experienced in the entire project life cycle, from requirements to CI
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in CS, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or alternative related field
- You have good understanding of distributed consensus technology, like POS/POW
- You have interest or experience with Ethereum and/or other blockchain protocols
- You have written and deployed a smart contract
- You contributed to any kind of open source projects - we are a community players and we are happy to contribute back!
What You Can Expect From Us
- Work in a core function at one of Europe’s fastest growing blockchain tech startups
- Bei part of a senior team that have done it before (exit to Atlassian, Klarna)
- Well-funded venture with top international investors
- Competitive salary, employee equity and potential company bonus'
- Highly dynamic, friendly environment that allows for independent work
- Open and transparent company culture, numerous perks and team events (e.g. conferences, hackathons, team off-sites)
Attractive relocation package:
- Full VISA sponsorship for you and your loved ones
- Paid international arrivals
- Help with apartment search
- And anything else we can do to guarantee your smooth arrival to awesome Berlin
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
The position is available immediately and offers an undated contract. Company offices are located in in the heart of Berlin (Mitte), Germany.
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
Who checks all the boxes?! We believe in people with a great attitude and the desire to evolve constantly to make things happen nobody has done before.
If you are excited to get in touch, we are happy to get to know you and tell you more about us and our mission!